I love to-do lists — all-inclusive to-do lists. So much so that mine begins with “wake up.” If I don’t get to cross off that one, the rest don’t much matter. When friends tell me they feel stressed, I recommend they write out a to-do list.
Princess Piggy Poo never feels stressed. Well, that’s not really true; guinea pigs always feel stressed. When you’re at the bottom of the food chain, you’re hardwired that way. However, I’ve been thinking about what would be on Princess Piggy Poo’s to-do list. Some may think that a pet cavy’s lifestyle is routine, but as someone who puts “wake up” on a list, nothing is too mundane for me.
So, here’s what Princess Piggy Poo’s to-do list looks like:
- Her Momma the Queen grabs me from my night chamber
- Burrow under covers for 30 minutes…ahhhhhh
- Her Momma the Queen carries me around the house letting in sunshine and kissing my face
- Try not to pee or poop on the floor
- Eat lettuce, tomato and, depending on the day: carrots, peppers, green beans, broccoli, spinach, etc.
- Look for hay to rain into my big cage…yay
- Wait for Her Momma the Queen to start working
- Play freely outside of my hiding house
- Duck back into my hiding house when Her Momma the Queen moves about
- Floor time
- Back into hiding house
- Squeak when Her Momma the Queen makes dinner so she’ll bring me cilantro or Italian parsley or more lettuce…yum
- Burrow under the throw blanket covering Her Momma the Queen during TV time
- Bite Her Momma the Queen if she makes a wrong move under the throw
- Sleep in night chamber
Princess Piggy Poo’s to-do list may not look exciting — but every day she crosses off 15 accomplishments. How many things can you get done in a day?